One of the best speakers in corporate America, Steve Jobs not only conveys information, he inspires.
Here are some of the key techniques Steve Jobs uses to electrify his audiences that you can incorporate into your presentations:
1. Unveil a single headline that sets the theme and direction for your presentation. This headline will give your audience a reason to listen.
2. Make your theme clear and consistent throughout your presentation.
3. Provide an outline and provide a clear transition in between.
4. Make it easy for your listeners to follow your story.
5. Demonstrate enthusiasm and wow your audience.
6. Sell an experience. If you provide statistics or numbers, make them meaningful and connect the dots for your audience with the use of analogies.
7. Make your presentations visual. Avoid lengthy text and incorporate 1-2 images per slide. Videos, demonstrations and guests can make your presentation riveting and more like a show.
8. Identify the memorable moment(s) of your presentation and build up to it.
9. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
10. Give you audience an added bonus to walk away with.